KMS Technology Founder and CEO Presents At The World Trade Organisation’s Annual Public Forum
KMS Technology, a leading provider of offshore product development services, is pleased to announce that Founder and CEO Vu Lam has been invited by the World Bank and the Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD) to present at the World Trade Organisation’s Annual Public Forum in Geneva, Switzerland. Mr. Lam will be a panelist in a joint session entitled, “Developing Countries and Global Value Chains: Why? What? Where to?” The aim of the session is to take stock of the evolving patterns of international specialization drawing on the perspectives from researchers, business representatives, civil society, and policy makers. Topics to be discussed include:
- Why GVCs are relevant for developing countries.
- What needs to be done to promote further participation and upgrading.
- What are the implications of GVC participation today, and what are they likely to be tomorrow?
Mr. Lam joins a list of esteemed panelists including:
- Javier Lopez Gonzalez – Trade Policy Analyst, Trade and Agriculture Directorate, Development Division at OECD
- Sarah F. Thorn – Senior Director, Federal Government Relations at Wal-Mart Stores, Inc.
- H.E. Mdm. Mariam Md. Salleh – Permanent Representative of Malaysia to the World Trade Organisation
- Daria Taglioni – Global Solutions Lead for Global Value Chains, Trade and Competitiveness Global Practice at World Bank Group
“I am honored to be part of a diverse group of business leaders and look forward to presenting at WTO. At KMS, we are committed to advancing the skills, scale and diversity of Vietnam’s IT sector so they may compete on a global stage. By sharing the changes in policy needed directly with those who create them, we can create a high-skill, high-value labor force in Vietnam.” says Vu Lam, CEO of KMS Technology.
The session will be held on Friday, October 2, 2015 at the WTO headquarters in Geneva, Switzerland.